- Co-Founder of GIOF and Genesis Diez, A.C.
Matthew 22:36-40 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
- Greg’s business sense, attention to detail, and being a “people person”, allowed him to be the successful owner of two thriving contracting companies, spanning a 23 year period. This business experience along with guidance from trusted advisers has proven to be invaluable in the formation of Genesis’s three non profits.
- Greg’s love of the outdoors has led him to explore the byways of Baja for over 40 years. Greg has been an avid outdoor adventurer his entire life. Backpacker, tri-athlete, kayaker, rock-climber, fisherman, lifeguard, and scuba instructor, Greg has led and taught nearly every variety of outdoor activity.
- Immersing himself with training and augmenting his wilderness experience, Greg joined the San Diego Mountain Rescue Team serving 8 years, where he became an instructor and was elected to their board of directors. Also as an Instructor for A-16 Outdoor Adventures, Greg led rock-climbing classes during which time he earned his Wilderness First Responders medical certification.
- Greg volunteered in youth ministry 1991-2003, including 14 months as Director of Student Ministries as a volunteer. He was co-leader for Church mission trips, retreats, and outdoor adventure ministry. When talking with Greg, you know he is a man of strong passion – for God, family, children, the outdoors and Church missions.
- GIOF Administrator and Beloved wife of Greg
Proverbs 3:5-8 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil. It will be healing for your flesh and a refreshment for your body.”
- Pattie, married co-founder Greg Amstutz in 1973. She has been a part of the “behind-the-scenes” development of Genesis since its beginning in the early 1990’s. Patti has extensive experience in the banking, building and legal industries. She was legal assistant and office manager for an Estate Planning attorney from 1985-2003. Her attention to financial details, along with her hardworking abilities and personal ministering experiences, makes Patti a true asset for Genesis.
- Mexican Director
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
- Director of Beautiful Gate Orphanage
Psalm 23:1-2 “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters…”
- “It is through these beautiful children at Beautiful Gate that God brought me here in His perfect timing. I am the happiest woman ever because I am able to serve them and God in such a beautiful way.”
- Rancho Genesis Director
Psalm 6:4 “Turn, O Lord, and deliver me, save me because of your unfailing Love.”
- Amy first fell in love with Genesis after coming on a week long missions trip to Rancho Genesis Christian Summer Camps for orphaned children in 2005. She received her Bachelors of Arts degree in Communications and Spanish from the University of Washington and then went on to further her education in graduate school where she became a certified teacher. Her passions for Jesus, children, and teaching shines brightly through her never ending energy and love! She also received her Wilderness First Responder Medical Certification and is also a Red Cross certified Lifeguard. The gifts and talents that the Lord has blessed her with fit right in with Genesis!
- Rancho Genesis Maintenance Manager
Psalm 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
- Beautiful Gate Administrator and Physical Therapist
Psalm 52:8-9 “But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever. I will praise You forever, Because You have done it; And in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good.”
- Assistant Program Director & Rancho Genesis Maintenance Manager
- “I was raised in Colorado most of my life, but not too long ago God called me to move to Oregon. I was in Oregon serving with my Youth group when God began to stir my heart to go on the Mexico mission trip. I fell in love with Rancho Genesis and all of the kids, and I simply knew this is where God wanted me. Flash forward a few months and here I am now. Praise God.”
- Head of Security at Rancho Genesis
- Therapy dog at Puerta Hermosa
- Head of Security at Puerta Hermosa