- Co-Founder of GIOF and Genesis Diez, A.C.
Matthew 22:36-40 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the
Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
- Greg’s business sense, attention to detail, and being a “people person”, allowed him to be the successful owner of two thriving contracting companies, spanning a 23 year period. This business experience along with guidance from trusted advisers has proven to be invaluable in the formation of Genesis’s three non profits.
- Greg’s love of the outdoors has led him to explore the byways of Baja for over 40 years. Greg has been an avid outdoor adventurer his entire life. Backpacker, tri-athlete, kayaker, rock-climber, fisherman, lifeguard, and scuba instructor, Greg has led and taught nearly every variety of outdoor activity.
- Immersing himself with training and augmenting his wilderness experience, Greg joined the San Diego Mountain Rescue Team serving 8 years, where he became an instructor and was elected to their board of directors. Also as an Instructor for A-16 Outdoor Adventures, Greg led rock-climbing classes during which time he earned his Wilderness First Responders medical certification.
- Greg volunteered in youth ministry 1991-2003, including 14 months as Director of Student Ministries as a volunteer. He was co-leader for Church mission trips, retreats, and outdoor adventure ministry. When talking with Greg, you know he is a man of strong passion – for God, family, children, the outdoors and Church missions.
- GIOF Administrator and Beloved wife of Greg
Proverbs 3:5-8 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make
- Pattie, married co-founder Greg Amstutz in 1973. She has been a part of the “behind-the-scenes” development of Genesis since its beginning in the early 1990’s. Patti has extensive experience in the banking, building and legal industries. She was legal assistant and office manager for an Estate Planning attorney from 1985-2003. Her attention to financial details, along with her hardworking abilities and personal ministering experiences, makes Patti a true asset for Genesis.
- Mexican Director
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but
- Director of Beautiful Gate Orphanage
- Psalm 23:1-2 “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads
me beside quiet waters… “It is through these beautiful children at Beautiful Gate that God brought me here in His perfect timing. I am the happiest woman ever because I am able to serve them and God in such a beautiful way.”
- Rancho Genesis Director
- Psalm 6:4 “Turn, O Lord, and deliver me, save me because of your unfailing Love.”
- Amy first fell in love with Genesis after coming on a week long missions trip to Rancho Genesis Christian Summer Camps for orphaned children in 2005. She received her Bachelors of Arts degree in Communications and Spanish from the University of Washington and then went on to further her education in graduate school where she became a certified teacher. Her passions for Jesus, children, and teaching shines brightly through her never ending energy and love! She also received her Wilderness First Responder Medical Certification and is also a Red Cross certified Lifeguard. The gifts and talents that the Lord has blessed her with fit right in with Genesis!
- Rancho Genesis Maintenance Manager
- Psalm 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you
because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
- Executive director of children’s ministry
Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
“I was raised in Colorado, 3 years ago God called me to move to Oregon. There I was the assistant Youth Pastor until the Lord called me to Genesis Diaz. After serving with Genesis for 2 years I was then asked by the board to take the poison of Executive Children’s Director . God has given me an incredible passion for the work that he’s called me to here. I thank Jesus for his grace and goodness in my life.
Head cook with Genesis Diez
Adela has served with us for five summers and has done an incredible job loving on the children through the delicious food that she cooks for all of them accompanied by her amazing assistant cooks.
Matthew 9:14 : Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
God gave me a love for Genesis 3 years ago when studying at Calvary Chapel Bible College in Ensenada Mexico. I begun serving with Genesis Diez for school community service hours , and shortly after graduating, I became a full time missionary with them One of the many things that attracted me to this ministry is the love, grace, and kindness that is shared to the Staff, Children, and Adults. Gods working hands is evident here and anywhere the hands of God are active is exactly where I want to be.
Manuel Parral Balvaneda
Assistant Director of Footprints
My love for Genesis grew gradually, when I started volunteering on Wednesdays at DEJANDO HUELLAS, I loved the fact that Genesis was a ministry that loved, cared and guided children to Jesus. I wanted to be part of that! After I was given the opportunity to serve, I began to explore all that Genesis had to offer.
I realized that Wednesday nights activity (FOOTPRINTS) was the tip of the iceberg for me and one of the many things I could picture doing the rest of my life. The perfect timing to influence the life of a child is in their childhood and GENESIS is doing just that, and because of that I know God has brought me to the right place. Here I can learn, grow, and practice ministry in a practical way.
- Head of Security at Puerta Hermosa